click to see more
You must have:
- A 1st or good 2.1. undergraduate (Honours) degree (or equivalent) in a biological science. Other scientific, engineering or mathematics degrees may be acceptable – please contact us if you are interested in the course, but are unsure about your qualifications.
- Advanced Maths and Stats (at AS/A-level Higher, International Baccalaureate, undergraduate training or equivalent).
- Good baseline IT skills: word-processing, spreadsheet use, email and Internet.
- Proof of satisfactory English Language competence for applicants whose first language is not English (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Proficiency Exam). Students must be able to communicate their ideas effectively in writing, in discussions and presentations. Please see the University of St Andrews list of minimum language requirements for postgraduate study. Note that additional requirements may apply depending on the test taken, e.g. IELTS of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each paper.
General information about entry to postgraduate courses at St Andrews can be found at the postgraduate admissions site.
It will be helpful if you also have:
- Relevant field or lab experience from previous employment, project or voluntary work.
- Further IT skills, e.g. programming, database software, experience of the use of statistical packages for analysing data.
- Dedicated calculus and/or statistics modules at University level.
Please also see the FAQ section for further details on entry requirements and the application process.
Please contact us:
We hope to receive applications from prospective students from a wide range of backgrounds. If you are interested in the course, please contact us to discuss how we can help with your application.